Reliance Jio has launched its VoLTE feature phone, JioPhone in India. The device will be effectively free for Jio users, CMD Mukesh Ambani said. “We plan to collect full refundable Rs 1500 one-time payment from JioPhone users. A JioPhone users can use it for 36 months and can get the full refund by returning the used phone,” he said.
Jio Phone at Zero Cost
- Jio Phone at an effective price of zero.
- Security Deposit Rs 1500- Refundable after 3 years.
- Rs 153 Recharge per month will give Unlimited Calls and Data,
- You can connect with any TV (Even Basic) and view all channels.. (But need to Recharge with JDDD 309/399/509/999),
- Recharge 54 for Week, 24 for 2 days will give same benefits in Jio Phone
Jio Phone Features
- 4G VoLTE Phone
- Calls can be made on Voice command,
- Call rejection SMS will take from voice,
- You can search for important dates by voice,
- Inbuilt Jio Music, Jio TV, Jio Cinema, will work on Voice command,
- Press number 5 button will send your location to Pre-Saved number and police in emergency,
- You can pay digital payments through Jio Phone in easy steps,
- You can access the Internet
- 512 RAM, 2000 mAH battery, 4GB internal memory, Display 2.4”.
Jio will give access to unlimited data on JioPhone. “If these feature phone users are to consume similar data on any other network that would cost Rs 3000-Rs 4000. Jio will provide this at Rs 153 a month,” Ambani said.
Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan plan will be available for JioPhone users at Rs 153 from August 15, 2017.
Ambani said that the company will also provide JioPhone TV cable will connect a JioPhone with any TV, allowing users to mirror video content from their phone. “All Jio users can enjoy content from phone screen to TV screens,” Ambani said, adding that the feature will be available with Rs 309 plan.
Jio has also introduced the weekly plan at Rs 54, and Rs 23 for 2 days. “The device along with Jio’s disruptive tariff will unleash the power of digital life,” Ambani said.
Jio plans to make 5 million phones available every week. “I am mandating Jio team majority of feature phone users to migrate to JioPhone. All Jio phones will be made in India,” Ambani said.
JioPhone supports all 22 major languages and comes with voice command feature that will allow users to make voice calls and send messages. JioPhone users can press #5 to send a distress signal to near and dear ones along with the location. The device hardware is ready for secure payments, allowing customers to pay digital payments.
Reliance Jio launches ‘free’ JioPhone, allows unlimited data, voice calls at Rs 153/month
The company said that the device is the “most affordable intelligent in the world. “Jio’s apps like JioCinema, JioTV and Jio Music come preloaded with the device,” Aakash Ambani said.
Ambani said that device affordability is a challenge in India as entry-level smartphone costs Rs 3000-4000 making it unaffordable for feature phone users to upgrade to a smartphone. “Jio is going to reinvent conventional feature phone. He added that India has over 50 crore feature phone users who pay more for voice calls and SMS in India.
“Voice will always be free on JioPhone. 50 crore feature phone users don’t have basic internet and application. I believe, today every young Indian should have information access at his fingertips that are what the JioPhone enables. To enable a digital life, all need access to data at affordable. Starting 15 August, I am declaring digital freedom for all feature phone users,” Ambani said.
Mukesh Ambani said that optic fiber-based broadband service is a next big monetization opportunity for Jio. “Jio remains on track to bring optic fiber connectivity to enterprises, home, and public place. Most infrastructure is already in place.”
Jio Phone Registration
If you are interested to buy the Jio phone, you can register your interest by clicking the following link and entering your details. Once you enter the details, you will receive a ‘thank you’ message from Jio and Jio team will send updates regarding the handset.
Note- This is just like telling Jio that you are interested to buy the product. The actual pre-booking will start from August 24 via offline and online platforms.
- Jio Phone Terms and Conditions Revealed: 9 Things You must Know
- Jio Phone Delivery Starts: How to Check Status?
- Here’s How You can Book Jio Phone Online and Offline
- How to Check your Jio Phone Pre-Booking Status?
- [Updated] A Step-by-Step Guide to Pre-Book Jio Phone
Join Our Exclusive WhatsApp List and Get Updates and Offers Straight to your Mobile! Just send a WhatsApp Message as “JOIN” to 7799061617 Now!
If you like this post, Please share with your facebook and twitter friends right now.